K1 Overwinter Films – Overwinter
Although Klerks is recognized as the leader in long life additive film technology, did you know that we also pioneered many advances for the nursery film user as well? Klerks was the first company to use tri-layer technology for one year and overwinter films. We start with top quality resins that produce great tensile strength, but we don’t just stop there. We offer a veriety of choices for overwinter film users. Film is available in 3, 4, 5, and 6 mil. Clear film as well as white opacities of 35%, 55%, and 70% are also available. Widths from 4’ up to 60’ are available.
K3 IR/AC Long Life films – 3 years
Designed specifically for dutch houses venlo style houses. EVA resins produce a 3 year, 4 mil film that is super clear. Available in 14.4’ and 15.4' sheets and tubes, and 28.8’ sheets. Has Klerks patented AC additive.
K50 Long Life Films – 4 years
A 4 year, 6 mil covering for single or double layer applications. Starting with strong EVA resin for excellent durability and light transmission, it comes standard with an anti-static additive to repel dust and dirt and keep the light shining through. Klerk’s UV protection uses the latest HALs technology for superior film life. Tri-layer construction gives maximum physical properties with less weight. Available in Clear or 55% White, sheet or tubes.
Keep the heat and lose the drips! Klerks sets the standard in the industry for long lasting anti-condensation, the standard to which all other companies compare. All anti-condensates work when they’re new, but no other film’s anti-condensate additive keeps on working for you after that first or second year like Klerks does.
- Anti-condensation - Removes the condensation from the film surface by providing an industrial soap additive. That keeps the films surface tension low where droplets will not form. Water will spread out and “sheet” to the gutters.
- Infra-Red - This film helps conserve energy by holding longer IR wavelengths in the house at night. This keeps the heaters from cycling as often and saves on energy. Has one of the highest thermal ratings of any film in the industry.
- Diffusion – breaks up the light and spreads it around your greenhouse. Gives your plant even, cool light that can reach below the canopy.
Provides all the benefits of IR/AC, but has additional benefits.
- Blocks harmful UV – while other films claim to block UV, most transmit up to 35% and some don’t block UV – B at all. KoolLite380 blocks all UV wavelenths to 380 nm.
- Cools – by providing one of the highest diffusion rates in the industry and selectively filtering certain wavelengths of light that cause heat, KoolLite380 lowers leaf surface temperatures by up to 10 degrees. The result is not only cooler greenhouses and plants, but less water usage, less whitewashing in the hotter months. For retail environments, it means cooler customers and better quality light for the shopping experience, and for wholesale growers it means happier workers and staff.
- Diffusion – KoolLite380 provides 77% light transmission, 75% diffused and 2% direct light. This means plants receive very high quality light that is even. Very little shadow can be noticed in a KoolLite380 house.
- PAR quality – KoolLite380 lowers temperatures like a white film, but provides much better PAR transmission than a white film does. Good growing conditions result from the focus on blue and red wavelengths, and cool temperatures result from lowered IR wavelengths.
Hyti family – 4 year, 7.2 mil films
Designed for the northern latitudes where ice sheets become extreemly heavy and abrasive, or anywhere extra structural strength is needed.
- Hyticlear – Clear, with anti-dust additive.
- Hytithermic – has a thermal additive that retards IR wavelengths, holding heat in your greenhouse at nights better.
- Hytilux – has the patented Klerks ac technology and IR additive.